I’m so pleased to share with the QueenBee’s an interview I had with Leanne Jacobs, holistic wealth expert, entrepreneur, author, speaker, marathoner, founder of HealthyGirl and a total QueenBee. Leanne’s new book “Beautiful Money” launched at the beginning of this year, and she is giving us advice on creating holistic Beautiful Money. You can find Beautiful Money on Amazon.
QBC: Leanne thank you so much for taking the time for this interview on behalf of my QueenBee Club.
You are an amazing QueenBee - busy mom, prioritizing your health and self-care and doing all you can for the wellbeing of your family.
I often tell QueenBee’s that if you are not thriving, your hive will suffer (hence the name of my self-published book “Thrive in your Hive”). Beautiful Money approaches holistic wealth with feminine energy. I’d love for you to share to moms as a mother, about Beautiful Money!
As a mother, can you speak to mothers directly about your top 3 Beautiful Money tips?
Leanne: Being a mother brings in a whole new set of 'teacher' opportunities in life, wellbeing and in finance! The most important aspect of motherhood is to practice patience and kindness with yourself. Some days you just have to throw your hands up, surrender and take a bubble bath! Here are my top 3 holistic wealth tips for moms:
1) Cleanse your money life! Clear unhealthy debt, minimize credit cards, automate savings and make your life as simple as possible when it comes to your money. Often, this means having a conversation with an expert (coach, financial advisor, lawyer, accountant, etc).
2) Minimalism is a great strategy for your busy life and your money. I had to let go of trying to please everyone and be liked by everyone. My family and my wellness are my priorities. I stopped making to-do lists and replaced them with having 3 mindful but energy filled priorities each day. I use practices like meditation, yoga + journaling to get grounded and centered. When I'm grounded and focused on my alignment, I don't spend much and I am so much more organized. Get really mindful about when you go on shopping sprees or have an urge to blow the budget on a favorite webstore. Often, simple deep breathing exercises will transform your money world (especially just before an urge to overspend).
3) Respect your money with extreme care and teach your kids to do the same. Bringing gratitude for every dollar you earn and for all the fabulous gifts you have in your life will only bring in more abundance. Remember to teach your children this practice of valuing and respecting money. Using money to teach leadership skills to children is profound and will stick with them through life.
QBC: How do you recommend prioritizing saving with a family? (when there are so many conflicting needs within a household).
Leanne: I believe working towards having a years worth of income saved away helps parents sleep healthier and wealthier at night. The #1 stressor in America today is money and families are living paycheck to paycheck. This anxiety around financial stability impacts children tremendously. I am much more mindful of where I spend my money and prioritized the following:
- automated monthly savings plan with my financial advisor
- Whole Life Insurance Plans for myself and my children (so worth a conversation with an insurance specialist!)
- great tax strategy (so worth a conversation with a great accountant)
- health and dental insurance for my entire family
- weekly automated savings to our family wealth account (when this amount gets significant, we transfer it over to our investments).
- my hubby and I also prioritize passive income generation and multiple income streams. Land purchase, Real Estate, Direct Selling, Books, Music are examples of income streams we participate in).
QBC: Moms are busy. You created a healthy residual income stream before you became a mom. Now that you have 4 children and you know how full a day can be, what advice would you give moms about creating residual income, or even mastering their Beautiful Money?
Leanne: Build things before you need them (ideally). Unfortunately we often have a habit of waiting for a crisis or emergency to jump into action. Write out with specific detail where you intend to be financially and personally 2 years from today. On as little as 1 hour a week, generating additional cash flow is not difficult to do. Mindful money is sitting and waiting for you to put your passion into action. I have found for many woman, a direct sales business is a low cost and simple way to start generating extra income on a few hours per week. There are hundreds of companies out there and a wealth of mentoring.
QBC: I know you are practiced in mastering your spiritual energy. QueenBee focuses a lot on how re-framing your energy can change your day. What are ways that you worked on reframing your thoughts and raising your energy when you were burnt out?
Leanne: The word 'reframe' has come up many times in the last few days for me! I love it! I tend to get anxious easily so staying grounded is my daily practice. I have a lot of creative energy bubbling through my body all the time as well as 4 children so staying grounded can at times be challenging. I am at my best when I walk and do yoga daily. What I do know is that I have become extremely good at feeling energetic disturbances throughout my body and how they manifest in my physical world. I have studied the chakra systems for years and am a very spiritual person. When I lose ground- The Chi Machine, Yoga, Meditation, a quick vacation, breathing, music, swimming, bubble baths, nature walks, time with my kids, cup of green tea- are all ways I reconnect. My nutrition is very important to me and although I am not an extreme person in any area of my life, I do take supplements and green juice daily. My work is to ensure I stay well hydrated! At the end of the day, the drama of our day is all illusion anyway.
QBC: Can you give QueenBee’s advice on how to frame their energy when dealing with full-time jobs and full-time households?
Leanne: I am by no means a master but I am really great at prioritizing. Health is always first priority. If I have to choose between cleaning the kitchen or yoga, I will absolutely choose yoga. The trick is to always get back to your most sacred values. When you make decisions based on your most precious values, you realize how much trivia flows in just to teach you to prioritize. Every day is a lifeclass!
QBC: How do you recommend we involve our children in understanding and creating Beautiful Money?
Leanne: I'm hoping Beautiful Money for kids is in the future!! I started by bringing my 2 and 3 year old with me to the bank and letting them deposit their own gift money (old school!). I also asked the teller to print them deposit books which they were happy to do. My kids put their own money in their piggy banks and actually kiss their piggy banks! We practice simplicity parenting and don't overload them with toys and clutter. Teaching them to respect money and be grateful for the gifts in their life is a top priority for my husband and I. I want my children to grow up as mindful, grateful and conscious adults who are elevating the vibration of the planet, not complaining because they aren't getting enough.